ISO/TS 16949, in conjunction with ISO 9001, defines the Quality Management System requirements for the design and development, production and, when relevant, installation and service of automotive-related products. It is applicable to sites of the organization where customer-specified parts, for production and/or service, are manufactured.
Supporting functions, whether on-site or remote (such as design centers, corporate headquarters and distribution centers), form part of the site audit as they support the site, but cannot obtain stand-alone certification to ISO/TS 16949:2009.
ISO/TS 16949:2009 can be applied throughout the automotive supply chain.
Benefits of ISO/TS 16949:2009
- Improved product & process quality
- Additional confidence for global sourcing
- Warranted global quality system approach in the supply chain
- Reduced variation and waste in production
- Improved overall efficiency in production levels
Principles of ISO/TS 16949:2009
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationships
- Customer focus
- Improved process approach
- Systematic approach to management
- based decision-making