ISO 17025 has two main clauses—Management Requirements, and Technical Requirements. It requires extensive documentation and the creation of a detailed quality system and quality manual. This extensive documentation system, if it does not already exist, requires the time and effort of management and calibration and laboratory personnel.
Before beginning the ISO 17025 certification process, a company should weigh the benefits against the time and costs involved. As a globally recognized quality standard, ISO 17025 certification can attract more business and expand a company’s client base and profitability
Benefits of ISO-17025:2012
- Recognition in the testing and calibration laboratory industry
- Competitive edge over non-certified competitors
- Clearly document processes and procedures within a quality management system
- A system to continuously improve both the management and technical aspects of the business
- Improved customer service and higher customer satisfaction