ISO 10003:2007 provides guidance for an organization to plan, design, develop, operate, maintain and improve an effective and efficient dispute-resolution process for complaints that have not been resolved by the organization. ISO 10003:2007 is applicable to:
ISO 10003:2007 is not intended for certification or for contractual purposes. It does not apply to the resolution of other types of disputes, such as employment disputes. It is not intended to change any rights or obligations provided by applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
ISO 10003:2007 is intended for use by organizations regardless of type, size and product provided, and deals with:
- guidance on determining when and how organizations can participate in dispute resolution,
- guidance on the selection of providers and use of their services,
- top management involvement in, and commitment to, dispute resolution and deployment of adequate resources within the organization,
- the essentials for fair, suitable, transparent and accessible dispute resolution,
- guidance on management of an organization's participation in dispute resolution, and
- monitoring, evaluating and improving the dispute-resolution process.
Benefits of ISO 10003: 2007
- Flexible dispute resolution, which can be cheaper in comparison with judicial processes
- Improved way of handing complaints and disputes in the organization
- Increased ability of to identify and eliminate conflicts
- Improved customer satisfaction and loyalty
Principle of ISO 10003: 2007
- Continuous improvement of the effectiveness and efficiency of the conflict resolution process.
- Suitability of the method for conflict resolution for each type of conflict
- Timely conflict resolution & Fairness
- Confidentiality of personally identifiable information and trade secrets
- Sufficiency in the capacity of the organization for development and implementation of conflict resolution
- Transparency of the conflict resolution process