ISO 10001:2007 provides guidance for planning, designing, developing, implementing, maintaining and improving customer satisfaction codes of conduct. ISO 10001:2007 is applicable to product-related codes containing promises made to customers by an organization concerning its behavior. Such promises and related provisions are aimed at enhanced customer satisfaction. Annex A provides simplified examples of components of codes for different organizations
ISO 10001:2007 is intended for use by organizations regardless of type, size and product provided, including organizations that design customer satisfaction codes of conduct for use by other organizations. Annex C gives guidance specifically for small businesses.
ISO 10001:2007 does not prescribe the substantive content of customer satisfaction codes of conduct, nor does it address other types of codes of conduct, such as those that relate to the interaction between an organization and its personnel, or between an organization and its suppliers.
ISO 10001:2007 is not intended for certification or for contractual purposes, and it is not intended to change any rights or obligations provided by applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
Benefits of ISO 10001:2007
- Customer retention
- Brand reputation
- Continual improvement
- Improved internal communications and relations
- Operational efficiency
Principles of ISO 10001:2007
- Commitment for code of conduct
- Sufficiency in the capacity of the organization for the development and implementation of code of conduct
- Responsiveness of the organization in relating to the needs of customers and other interested parties
- Accuracy of the code, should be not misleading, transparent and legally compliant
- Continual improvement of the effectiveness and efficiency of the code.
- Accessibility of the Code, that is easily found and applicable
- Transparency towards customers, employees and other interested parties